5 Steps You Need To Take To Begin Your Cosmetology Education
We’re so excited that you’re considering The Temple: A Paul Mitchell Partner School for your cosmetology education! We understand that the process can be confusing and our enrollment team is here to assist you in every step of the process.
Don’t know where to start? Here are the steps you need to take to begin your journey…
1. Request More Information
Your first step is to request more information and do your research! Fill out our online form and our admissions team will reach out to you right away. Be sure to give us your mailing address so we can send the entire packet of information through the mail.
Our website contains lots of information on our curriculum, guest artists, and learning opportunities so be sure to take a good look around. Also, you can find tons more information on our social spaces as well. (We’re even on Snapchat!) Follow our hashtag #templeannpolis to see some of our Future Professionals’ work.
Don’t forget to research other cosmetology schools in your area as well. It’s important to find the school that is best for you and your future.
2. Tour The School
One of the most important steps in your research is your campus visit. We recommend that you visit our school early on in your decision making process to get the big picture of the cosmetology industry, understand the curriculum and give yourself enough time to complete the enrollment process.
Our tours are a very informative and personalized experience. Please allow at least 60 minutes to ensure all of your questions are addressed.
During your visit to The Temple Annapolis you and your support team will have an opportunity to:
- Visit the classrooms and clinic floor
- Meet our incredible Learning Leaders
- Speak with current “Future Professionals” enrolled in the program
- Learn about our culture, regional and national guest artists, student run programs and your learning materials
- Speak with a Financial Aid Leader about your funding options
3. Choose Your Start Date & Schedule Your Signing
Excited about starting your education with us? Carefully consider what start date is right for you and your situation. Planning a vacation? Best to start after you return. Need to work during the day? Night school classes are the perfect solution!
Once you decide on your start date, you need to schedule your signing appointment with our enrollment team. During that appointment, you will sign your enrollment agreement, receive your student handbook and go over a number of important items you’ll need to know before your first day of school.
The following are the requirements for your enrollment meeting:
- $100 application fee and $50 enrollment fee(payable by cash, check, or credit card)
- Driver’s License (or other form of valid government – issued photo ID)
- High School Diploma, transcripts or GED certificate
4. Figure Out The Financials & Schedule Your Signing
Thinking about financing your education? We know it can be a confusing process but our financial aid team is here to support you in this process! There are a number of different types of financial assistance you can use here at The Temple Annapolis. They include (but are not limited to): Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, and scholarships. For a full understanding, read our beginners guide to financing your cosmetology education.
Our financial aid team will meet with you one-on-one to create an individualized financial aid package to fit your lifestyle and needs.
5. Prepare For A Fabulous First Day
Your first day of school as a Future Professional at The Temple Annapolis: A Paul Mitchell Partner School will be an exciting one!
Here are a few need-to-know details for your first big day of school:
- Arrive in dress code: Black/white/grey/denim with a splash of color (primary clothing must be black and white). Please DO NOT wear jeans, shorts, or flip-flops. Keep in mind that you are joining the Beauty Industry – be professional in your dress!
- School starts promptly so please be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early to set yourself up for success on your first day.
- Come hungry and ready for fun! We start the day with lots of get-to-know-you games and activities.
We’re honored that your considering The Temple: A Paul Mitchell Partner School for your cosmetology education. We look forward to seeing you grow and succeed in this industry and are thrilled to be a part of your education journey!
If you have any questions or need more information, please call 443.221.2553 and ask to speak to an admissions team member or text us at 443-201-7155.